I’m so excited about this month’s Create and Share challenge! It’s my favorite time of the month. My new cohost, Cat from Pocketful of Posies and I have challenged a couple of blogger friends to create a new home accent using the same hanging fruit basket. Cat’s blog has beautiful DIY projects and home decor to swoon over.
We were incredibly surprised by the creativity that our friends showed on this mini Create and Share challenge. Be sure to check out their genius projects following my project tutorial. I decided to utilize the hanging fruit baskets to create DIY copper wire wall mirrors as well as a wire key bowl.
I don’t decorate too much with copper, but I do love the look of copper and gold wire accents. I especially love mixing metal finishes, so I opted to spray my wire baskets with copper spray paint since my garage entryway wall already included a gold frame. This project was so easy and quick, that I almost want to order more hanging wire baskets to make a full wall display! Here is how you can make these incredible wire mirrors.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Hanging wire basket from Amazon. You can order yours for a fantastic price here.
- Two 4×4 mirrors order here
- Permanent adhesive like E6000 for instance.
- Copper spray paint
WHAT TO DO:
- Apply two coats of spray paint to each basket and two of the chain clips.
- Use your permanent adhesive to attach the back of the mirrors to the inside of the basket. Be sure to remove any of the bumper dots from the back of the mirror.
- Use the hanging chain clips to make a hanger for your new wire basket mirror.
- Wait until the glue is completely dry before hanging.
The smallest wire basket was spray painted and used as a catch all bowl. This little bowl unifies the entire copper look on the gallery wall. I’d love to add more things here, but I’m still unsure if these mirrors will stay on this wall. Perhaps these would look great in my dining room makeover?
Thanks so much for stopping by my casa today. Remember to pin these incredible projects to your DIY board. Head on over to Cat’s blog to see how she created her DIY bath caddy! Then, check out these other amazing projects by Patti of Garden Matter and Kim of Knock It Off Kim.
DIY Wire Mirrors : Casa Watkins Living
DIY Bath Caddy : Pocketful of Posies
Repurposed Hanging Storage Basket Stand : Garden Matter
Industrial 3 Tiered Pendant Light : Knock It Off Kim