Can you believe that it’s Create and Share Challenge day again?!
This month is oh so special. We have not one but two challenges! Save the date, December 18, for a new Create and Share Challenge. I am so excited to partner with Cutting Edge Stencils again for another great stencil challenge. If you didn’t see the first stencil pillow challenge, see it here.
I am even more thrilled to be collaborating with Cutting Edge Stencils and my 18 blogger friends to offer a FREE stencil kit (valued up to $50) to 5 lucky readers! Be sure to enter that giveaway at the end of the post.
This month, I challenged 18 of my blogger friends to create a holiday home decor related project using one of the Cutting Edge Stencil holiday craft stencils of their choice. I decided to use the Noel craft stencil to create a DIY Noel Stenciled Planter Basket.
The Noel Stenciled Planter Basket is a perfect addition to your home for the holidays or it could be used to create a hostess/neighbor gift! This noel planter basket is so simple to create and will take about 10 minutes to make. You can use any basket for this craft; however, I used a woven basket I found at the dollar section at Target this Summer.
In order to get a smooth result when painting your stenciled craft, be sure to use plenty of tape to hold the stencil in place as well as clamps to keep the basket laying flat for an even stenciling surface.
Use a stencil brush to stencil your basket. Be sure to dab off extra paint prior to stenciling. Less is more when it comes to stenciling. Unfortunately, I underestimated the grip of my tape and didn’t put enough tape under one corner of the stencil. The stencil shifted mid painting, so its so important to use plenty of tape for your project.
Make your basket look more festive by adding some ribbon. I had some black and white striped ribbon on hand and it looks great against the red “noel.” Use a glue gun or fabric glue to attach your ribbon. Add your plant or goodies to your basket and you are all set.
If you are using the basket as a gift, wrap the entire basket and goodies in some clear cellophane paper. My noel stenciled planter basket has become a lovely addition to our garage entryway shelf.
This planter basket could make an excellent hostess gift, centerpiece, and even a cute basket to hold a bit of goodies for neighbors. Thanks so much for stopping by my casa today! Be sure to see and comment all of the wonderful home decor stenciled projects below. Enter the Cutting Edge Stencil giveaway too! 5 winners will be chosen this time! Woo- Hoo!
Pin this post to your Christmas Decor Pinterest board and share with your friends!
2. Refashionably Late ~ Christmas Pillow
3. Tastefully Frugal ~ Christmas Tree Ornament Shadow Box
4. Pocketful of Posies ~ Reclaimed Holiday Wall Art
5. Domicile 37 ~ Edgy Reindeer Tapestry
6. Casa Watkins ~ Noel Stenciled Planter Basket
7. Creatively Homespun ~ DIY Rusty Reindeer Wall Art
8. Around the Watts House ~ Holiday Tote Bag
9. Penny Love Projects ~ Window Wall Rack
10. Flourish and Knot ~ Stenciled Table Runner
11. Old House To New Home ~ DIY Chalkboard Merry and Bright Sign
12. Up To Date Interiors ~ Noel Basket
13. Our House Now A Home ~ Rustic Reindeer Canvas Wall Art
14. The House Down The Lane ~ Reindeer Wall Art with Lights
15. Green with Decor ~ Christmas Craft with Stencil and Frame
16. Pretty Practical Home ~ DIY Hot Cocoa Tray
17. A Shade of Teal ~ DIY Christmas Tree Glitter Sign
18. Uncookie Cutter ~ Hanging Ornament Boards
19. One Mile Home Style ~ DIY Stenciled Scrap Wood Holiday Art