Last week on Instagram, a few of my instagram friends tagged me to share 20 facts about me. It was fun sharing a different side of myself there, so I wanted to let you all in on these 20 funky facts about me. It didn’t take too long for me to figure out which ones to share, but I’m limited on the length of a post on Instagram. You friends get all the bits I had to leave out. I’d love to know which ones we may have in common! Feel free to leave a comment below.
1. My mother hardly knew any English when I was born but loved Stephanie Powers…..hence my name. However, my other two siblings have Spanish names and I’ve always felt left out.
2. I am a big time Cookie Monster and am just like Joey from Friends when it comes to sharing them. STEPHANIE DOESN’T SHARE COOKIES!
3. My favorite pair of jeans are held together with safety pins and I refuse to toss them out. I used these jeans when I’m working on projects, but I also have gone out in public with them too.
4. I buy lots of things but then forget I have them and end up buying them again. Most of them are kept in my hoard room in the basement.
5. I’ll say my favorite movie of all time is Couples Retreat, but it really is Mannequin. “And we can build this thing together…Stand this stormy weather….Nothing’s going to stop us now…..” I also wanted Hollywood Montrose as my best friend growing up.
6. I’m scared of Sprickets (those are crickets that look like they mated with spiders and they jump!) Enough said!
7. I love chocolate Martinis!
8. If I can’t get a chocolate Martini, I’ll settle for 2 Margaritas.
9. I was told to GET TO CLASS when I went to pick up my 17 year old daughter from school. The first time I was flattered. The second time just got on my nerves.
10. My first language is Spanish but I speak English better.
11. My hair is super curly, but I wear it straight most of the time because it shrinks when curly.
12. I’m a big foodie and love trying new food…but not organ meats..YUCK!
13. I swear I’m a good actress, but I suck at lying
14. I purposely embarrass my kids by dancing awkwardly…including the Elaine dance from Seinfeld.
15. Sometimes I record myself singing in the car because I swear I sound like a pro…..until I play it back and quickly delete it
16. My favorite song of all time….Unbreak My Heart by Toni Braxton
17. When my kids were babies, I played Unbreak My Heart to get them to stop crying…and it worked every time!!
18. I love all 80s music and know many of the dances from the music videos. My favorite being Love Is A Battlefield by Pat Benatar.
19. I kept my cabbage patch babies from my childhood and gave them to my kids! Though I secretly still want them back.
20. I still get scared of static channels after seeing The Ring movie. Every time I see a scary movie, I need to follow it up with a comedy or I won’t be able to sleep that night.
BONUS: Even though I smile and laugh constantly, I will hardly ever pose for a picture this way since my cheeks look super big when I smile!
Sooooo, do we have any of these in common?