I have partnered with Better Homes and Garden to bring you some great hacks for entertaining this holiday season! All positive thoughts about the Better Homes and Garden line of housewares are 100% my own.
Entertaining during the holiday season can be very stressful. Taking a few steps to prep for the holidays and using these quick entertaining tips can not only reduce your stress, but can allow you to actually enjoy your own event. How many times have you been stuck in the kitchen, or continued running around the house organizing your event after your guests have arrived? Several times right?! Take care of guests and enjoy your holiday event with these 7 hacks for a welcoming holiday entryway. Stay tuned to the end of this post where you can enter a giveaway to kickstart your holiday decorating!
Many times my guests have arrived and I haven’t changed into my entertaining attire or finished cooking the meal. I’ve had to decorate my entryway very quickly to dash upstairs and ready myself for the event. Regardless if you’re ready to go or need more time, guests will enjoy themselves when greeted by an awesome entryway. Here are 7 hacks and tips to transform your entryway into a welcoming area fit for holiday entertaining.
1. Incorporate beautiful seasonal decor that doesn’t have to be constantly supervised. Flameless candles are perfect for homes with small children or pets. Should your littles ones run to greet family or friends, you don’t have to worry about them knocking or bumping over burning candles. Create a holiday feel with a set of these shimmering houses complete with a flameless candle.
2. I love a good welcome sign or printable for any occasion really. Change out your welcome sign easily with this Better Homes and Gardens 4×6 White Clip Frame. Expecting guests soon and can’t print out a sign? Clip a holiday card, family photo, or just a sprig of wintergreens as an alternative.
3. Use chic wooden trays with handles to serve holiday drinks to your guests upon their entrance. This Better Homes and Gardens Acacia Tray is perfect for serving a tasty holiday punch that is ready to grab as guests arrive. Later, use the handled tray to walk around serving punch refills.
4. Did you know you could repurpose bath accessories for stylish accents? A glimmery Better Homes and Gardens Red Jacobean Resin Ring Tray can house your wine charms like these DIY wreath wine charms I made last year. The Better Homes and Gardens Red Jacobean Resin Toothbrush Holder can hold small bouquets of succulents or seasonal greenery.
5. Use rich colored blankets to entice your guests. This super soft Better Homes and Gardens Velvet Plush Fringe 50″ x 60″ Throw in a rich purple is perfection. Place a few blankets in baskets at your entryway and your main entertaining room for guests to enjoy.
6. The winter months bring a lot of snow around these parts. Store an extra rug in a beautiful woven baskets to replace your rug should it get overly wet. Try mixing different baskets like the Better Homes and Gardens Round Hyacinth Twist Handle Basket.
7. Want to make your guests feel more at home? Use Better Homes and Gardens Organizer Underbed Bin for guests to check their shoes and interchange for some comfy holiday socks or slippers. My mother loves to give all her guests cute holiday socks when hosting her annual Christmas party. I must say this is one of my favorite parts of her Christmas party….and the desserts.
This holiday season, use items from the Better Homes and Garden line of housewares sold only at Walmart to create a welcoming holiday home. Kick start your holiday decorating by entering this $100 Walmart giftcard!
a Rafflecopter giveaway